NSHSS Professional Development Grants for Counselor/Teacher Conference Registration
NSHSS recognizes the necessity for educators to keep current in their fields and to network with professional colleagues in order to provide the best education for our young people. To assist teachers and counselors in attending conferences that enhance their professional development, NSHSS is providing three $1,000 grants to be used during 2016 to help defray costs of educational conference registration, travel, and accommodations.
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2015
- Notification of awardees: February 1, 2016
- Deadline for accepting award: February 12, 2016
Eligibility: Any high school teacher or counselor currently employed at a public or private high school in the United States or internationally.
- Personal statement explaining why you wish to participate in the particular conference for which you are applying for funding and how it will benefit your professional development and your students;
- Principal/headmaster recommendation;
- Conference details (purpose, dates, location, registration fees);
- Color photo (should be high resolution headshot - 300 dpi).
How to apply: The Conference Grant application is available online on the NSHSS website:
/about-nshss/educators/. To apply, select “Register as an Educator.” Then click the Grants link at the top of your dashboard after you log in. If you are already registered as an Educator with NSHSS, log in to your dashboard to apply for the grant: https://www.nshss.org/dashboard/grants/.
Funding: Funds will be sent to awardees upon verification of conference registration.
For questions about the grant or NSHSS, contact us at email@example.com