Be More Grant
Ten (10) top awards of $10,000 each, and five (5) finalist awards of $1,000 each
Any NSHSS member, NSHSS Collegiate Council representative, or NSHSS Fellow, who has an established product, passion project, or nonprofit that contributes to world betterment.
The NSHSS Be More Grant is a program set up to provide over $100,000 in funding to NSHSS members and educators aspiring for world betterment. NSHSS co-founder Claes Nobel once said, "I believe that the human race can be fundamentally better than it is, and students like you will be the ones to change the world to make it what it can be. You are the most formidable proponents of change."
NSHSS is a community of driven individuals who believe that enough is never enough. It is a network of more than 2 million lifetime members from across the globe who believe in being the next agents of change and the next thought leaders. The Be More Grant celebrates and honors that.
Once the application closes, the top 15 applicants will be notified of their status of moving forward. These top applicants will be connected with mentors who will help the competing finalists hone and polish their presentation pitches to further improve their chances in the competition.
As part of the grant requirements, the top 15 finalists will be required to take part in a LIVE judged competition at Scholar's Day Atlanta. This event will be a live, in-person gathering with a panel of judges to compete for their chance of earning one of the $10,000 grants. All competitors will leave the event even more inspired to continue their efforts to make the world a better place.
- Tangible product, project, or nonprofit, including but not limited to:
- Proof of prototype
- Proof of any patent or trademarks
- Proof of nonprofit
- Any SOP, survey, or studies completed
- Project Proposal:
- In 500 words or less, what problem are you solving?
- Detailed business plan (proposal) for how you would use the money
- The more detailed, the better... $10,000 is up for grabs, wow us!
- Community involvement illustrated in photos, video, or media placements – Proof of Concept
- Fundraising efforts
- Website/social media
- Science Fairs
- Color headshot suitable for website posting