NSHSS has an amazing opportunity for rising junior and senior high school members who are interested in STEAM Careers. The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is inviting a limited number of NSHSS scholars to participate in a 1-day, full-immersion CIA STEAM Camp on Thursday , August 10, 2023 at the CIA Headquarters. Participants will learn firsthand about the inner workings of the Agency and the Intelligence Community through engaging workshops, Directorate Briefings, hands-on STEAM challenges, an HQS Museum Tour, a visit to the CIA Store, and more.
Location: CIA Headquarters (Langley, VA)
When: August 10, 2023
*Please note, this is an application based event. The review committee will choose and invite the top 22 applicants.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen either by birth or naturalization
- Must have a valid US government issues REAL ID and/or a valid US government issued passport
- Rising junior or senior in high school, college freshman and sophomores
- Personal Statement:
- In approximately 500 words, please respond to all of the questions below:
- Question 1: What area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Math (STEM) interest you and why?
- Question 2: What motivates you to become a leader in a STEAM field?
- Question 3: What intrigues you about the work of the Central Intelligence Agency? How have you imagined integration of STEAM into the CIA's mission?
- Question 4: Describe any school or community STEAM activities in which you have participated in the last three years (i.e., science fairs, math club, after school programs, summer programs, etc.). Have you received any awards/recognition or held office in any of these activities?
- Test Scores -- SAT and/or ACT
- A color headshot
Day of Information:
Students are allowed to bring:
- Valid ID as stated above
- Water bottles
- Cash for the EAA store- credit cards are acceptable however cash is preferred
- Medications they need
- Business casual attire- flat comfortable walking shoes- tennis shoes okay as long as they are new/clean and non-Wi-Fi capable
- Small purses/bags
Students are not allowed to bring:
- No weapons of any kind
- Phones should be left at the hotel (We will provide an Emergency Contact number for that day)
*Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered for this event.
Deadline to apply: July 7, 2023 (EST)