Award: Two (2) $5,000 awards
Eligibility: College students with a minimum 3.5 GPA or higher
Are you in high school? Check out our high school version HERE.
The James W. Lewis Global Leader Scholarship has been established to encourage and recognize young leaders who exemplify the values to which Mr. Lewis has dedicated his life and work:
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Commitment to helping create educational opportunities for all, including young people identifying with under-represented groups
- Commitment to encouraging leadership among youth
- Commitment to community engagement and volunteerism
- Commitment to global perspective
- Commitment to innovation and entrepreneurship
In 2002, Mr. Lewis co-founded NSHSS with Claes Nobel, of the family that established the Nobel Prizes, to acknowledge and nurture the continuing success of high school and college students who have distinguished themselves through academic accomplishment, exemplary leadership and community involvement. Mr. Lewis’s complete bio can be found on the NSHSS website.
- Prompt response of 500-800 words to the following question:
- Mr. Lewis has an overriding philosophy: "The future of our planet is dependent upon how we prepare the youth of the world. Let them dream, explore and achieve not only for the betterment of themselves, but for the global community." How do you embody this philosophy? Which of Mr. Lewis' values do you best embody and demonstrate? Please provide specific examples of each.
- Pictures/videos/media showing your leadership in action (optional)
- Color headshot
- Academic resume
- Current Transcript (can be official or unofficial)
- Educator recommendation
Application Opens: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Closing Date: Thursday, September 30, 2021 by 11:59 PM
*Please note that closing time is in EST.