NSHSS Young Leaders for Office
Five (5) $1,000 awards
All high school and college interested in politics
NSHSS has created this scholarship dedicated to young students interested in politics because we believe in the power of youth voices and their potential to drive positive change in our communities and the world at large. We believe that by investing in the education and development of young individuals interested in politics, we can empower them to make a meaningful and lasting impact on the political landscape, working towards a more inclusive, informed, and equitable future for all.
- Prompt response of 800 words to the following statement:
- Share your thoughts on the reasons behind your political aspirations and the changes you hope to bring to your community or society through public service. Explore the role of young people in shaping political discourse and change, and outline the steps you believe are necessary to prepare for a future political campaign.
- Pictures/videos/media showing your leadership in action (optional)
- Color headshot suitable for website posting
- Academic resume
- Current Transcript (can be official or unofficial)
- Educator recommendation letter