Award: Five (5) $2,000 awards
Eligibility: High school juniors and/or seniors
Scholarship Details: NSHSS created the Speak Up! Scholarship for students with a demonstrated passion for communications. This includes but is not limited to the following classes/clubs:
- Journalism/Mass Communications (including Broadcast, Radio, Newspaper)
- Literary Magazine
- Public Speaking (including Debate Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations)
- Visual Communications (including Photography, Graphic Design, Digital Video/AV)
Majors and careers in the communications field can include but are not limited to journalism, photojournalism, writing, editing, publishing, marketing, public relations, and social media.
- Educator recommendation letter
- Prompt response of 500-800 to the following question:
- What do you think are the most important aspects of clear and effective communication? What have you done to practice and perfect the art of communications? Please provide specific examples of this.
- Pictures/videos/media showing your leadership in action
- Color headshot suitable for website posting
- Academic resume
- Current Transcript (can be official or unofficial)
Application Opens: December 30, 2022
Closing Date: September 1, 2023 11:59PM
*Please note that closing time is in EST.