In every field imaginable--from politics, medicine, science, engineering, and law to arts, literature, education, and entertainment--female leaders have been demonstrating their rising and growing power to impact the world for the better. The time has come, and has been here, for women and girls from all walks of life to let their voices be heard and use their impact to improve and inspire their communities.
NSHSS female-identifying scholars certainly have impressive and commendable talents, and NSHSS wants to make sure they have the resources to share those talents with the world. If you are a female and a high school senior hoping to gain leadership experience as a college or university student and professional, NSHSS has a scholarship for you.
NSHSS is proud to offer USD $1,000 in college tuition scholarships to five female scholars with the Claes Nobel Women of Tomorrow Leadership Awards.
Claes Nobel Women of Tomorrow Leadership Awards 2019
These five awards of USD $1,000 each are meant to encourage and empower young women to pursue leadership roles in their colleges and universities and in their future careers, as well as in their communities. By taking on these leadership positions, the winners will inevitably become mentors and positive examples for young women following in their footsteps.
Eligibility Requirements: Female high school seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.5 who have demonstrated outstanding leadership skills in their schools and communities are welcome to apply to be the recipient of one of these five scholarship awards.
This application opens December 14, 2018
How to Apply for This Scholarship?
To apply for this scholarship, be prepared to submit:
- Educator Recommendation
- Principal’s and Ccounselor’s name and email address
- Color headshot suitable for website posting
- Personal statement of 500 words in response to the following passage:
- Leadership doesn’t have to mean being the head of a club. Actions, not titles, make leaders. Discuss how, through your leadership and participation in school and community events, activities and organizations, you possess the mindset and skills to succeed one day as a leader in the field of your own dreams.
- Some points you may wish to address, but are not limited to, include: using creativity to solve problems, using humor to diffuse tense situations and build relationships, and inspiring confidence in others to collaborate with you or follow your lead. Please be specific in your examples.
If you’re seeking scholarships for female high school seniors and are interested in applying, click here. Also see more scholarship tips and advice on how to prepare your resume and write a compelling personal statement that showcases your unique goals and talents.
This application closes Friday, March 01, 2019
If you are a high school female who is not yet a senior, start preparing now for a scholarship like this one with NSHSS. It’s never too early to start planning for your bright future. Because, you can be sure, the future for you is very bright. Start making your voice heard and follow your passions. With effort and dedication, you have the power to change the world.