Try something new this summer -- an international student summer program through Bocconi University in Milan, Italy. High school students can explore new ideas during a two-week introduction to Bocconi, recognized internationally for its academics and research in economics, management, finance, political science, and data science. It is a unique opportunity for motivated students to participate in an exciting laboratory of teaching and experiential learning within an international community of students.
Current sophomores and juniors can apply to the July 4-15, 2022 summer program and can attend two labs, entirely taught in English, either on-campus or online!
Mixed teaching (i.e. one week in person and one week online) is not allowed.
Students will take two courses (in English) in areas that they want to learn more about such as:
- Explore luxury & fashion management through the lens of Italian designers and iconic brands.
- Simulate a trade negotiation within an international organization in an international politics class.
- Discover the tools of innovation in an artificial intelligence and machine learning lab.
- Learn economic, social, and environmental dimensions of sustainable development within the EU in an interdisciplinary course that combines history, law, politics, and economics.
- Plus classes in finance, game theory, strategy, economics, and more!
- Classes are highly interactive, featuring group projects and case studies
- Guest speakers from Italian businesses and politics
- Encourage collaboration amongst students from around the world
- Cultural activities
- Company visits to meet leaders and professionals from different fields
Students will benefit from Bocconi University's top faculty in business, finance, and political science. Each course will consist of live lectures and recorded sessions, teamwork on a specific project, company testimonials (company visits for students participating in presence), and a team presentation. Each course curriculum puts students' problem-solving, soft skills, and creativity to the test. The courses' emphasis on working in teams will allow time to meet, collaborate with and learn from carefully selected bright and dynamic young people with a lot of talent to share.
Here’s what past participants had to say:
“I found our professor to be very engaging and passionate about her course topic. I really enjoyed the explanations and lectures given throughout, and most of all I found the guest speakers chosen to be very insightful! I loved how we got to see a blend of different points of views not only from the speakers but also from our teamwork projects.”
“We visited Unicredit and Speed Mi Up, other labs also went to visit companies like Microsoft and Google. That was really helpful because we had the opportunity to talk with the CEOs and understand how a business is created and how what we studied in class is implemented in real business life. I loved the professors’ way of teaching: they were able to explain complicated issues in an easy and entertaining way, and I feel like I’ve learned a lot.”
“In my opinion, the Bocconi summer school managed the online situation very well and I had a lot of fun participating in it. The topic of the class was also perfectly fitted for me and all my high expectations were met, especially the teamwork!”
Next steps for motivated students:
- July 4-15 program, open to current sophomores & juniors, either fully on-campus or fully online
- Full details
- Summer school applications open on February 15
- First-round applications are due by March 15, with the benefit of an early bird discount
- Second round applications are due by April 13
For more info on Bocconi’s summer program or Bachelor’s programs in English, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.