Award: Five (5) $5,000 awards
Eligibility: High school seniors graduating 2022 and current college freshmen who have a minimum GPA of 3.5 and who have demonstrated in an outstanding manner the values of NSHSS Co-founder Mr. Claes Nobel. College freshmen must be currently enrolled in an accredited university.
The Claes Nobel Legacy Award was established by the G Goff Foundation in honor of, of the family that established the Nobel Prizes, to highlight his family legacy of rewarding excellence. Mr. Nobel dedicated his life and work to the values that he held dear: preserving the earth, promoting peace, and changing the world for the better. In 2002, he co-founded NSHSS with James W. Lewis to acknowledge and nurture the continuing success of high school and college students who have distinguished themselves through academic accomplishment, exemplary leadership and community involvement.
Mr. Nobel encouraged all people to prescribe to “The Seven Rights,” a powerful remedy for Universal Peace, Environmental Sustainability, and Personal Happiness. “The Seven Rights” include:
1. Right Thought. Your mind is a dynamic organ. Everything in the universe and in the world – yes, even you originated in thought.
2. Right Word. Words are incredibly powerful. Once a word leaves your mouth, not even the strength of 10,000 elephants can pull it back again.
3. Right Deed. Let Dignity, Honor, and Truth be the noble hallmarks of your character.
4. Right Attitude. Smile and laugh. Be kind, positive, and helpful to all. Become a good listener.
5. Right Livelihood. Step lightly on the Earth--leave no foot-prints.
6. Right Here. You do not have to go to the far corners of the world. Start world transformation in your own community. Start right in your own backyard.
7. Right Now. No procrastination! No excuses! Become a very busy, active person for World Betterment and World Change.
Application Opens: Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Closing Date: Sunday, May 15, 2022 by 11:59 PM
*Please note that closing time is in EST.