Eligibility Requirements: NSHSS members 18 or older and a full-time undergraduate at a university or community college
Scholarship Award: A $5,000 - 6,000 USD scholarship
About The Intern Group:
The Intern Group is the leading provider of international internship programs across the globe. All NSHSS members benefit from a 10% discount year-round on the internship program of their choice. However, The Intern Group is currently offering one exceptional member a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The Intern Group is awarding the successful candidate a 6-week scholarship in Summer/Fall 2018.
The outstanding candidate will spend six weeks interning at a leading company in one of the following destinations: London, Madrid, Colombia, Hong Kong, New York or Australia. (Please note that the New York program is only available to non-US citizens).
The application requires a personal statement, transcript, educator or employer recommendation, resume, and photo. The scholarship is an excellent opportunity to gain invaluable international experience. Participants who complete The Intern Group's programs are guaranteed to stand out from the crowd when applying for full time jobs post-graduation.
As well as gaining hands-on experience from the internship, the programs include a professional development workshop, an industry-leading workplace performance assessment and expert training materials on key topics to ensure that participants get the most out of their experience. Additionally, the internship can be used to gain academic credit.
The Intern Group has previously placed successful candidates in internships in world-class organizations such as Grant Thornton, Quintessentially and BanColombia, the largest investment bank in Colombia. As well as propelling professional development, The Intern Group's programs are tailored to promote cultural immersion - you get the opportunity to live like a local.
As a program participant, the scholarship winner will benefit from a full calendar of social and cultural events specific to each destination. Watch a world-famous musical in the West End in London or spend a weekend in Macau, the Vegas of Asia, in Hong Kong. The Intern Group's teams are comprised of locals who know their cities inside-out and want to show program participants everything! They are constantly organizing cultural and social events so that interns can soak up the environment around them, fully immerse themselves and simultaneously meet an international network of friends and potential professional contacts.
Program Start Dates: TBA
What does the scholarship include?
• 6 weeks professional internship in the career field of your choice
• 6 weeks quality accommodation (private bedroom in good area)
• Airport pick-up (private car to take you to and from the airport and direct to your apartment upon arrival)
• 24/7 emergency assistance from local staff
• Professional development tools and training (communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills)
• Industry-leading workplace performance assessment (created by global HR firm DDI International)
• Cultural and social events
• Written pre-trip Welcome Pack
• Welcome orientation
• Welcome package including city maps, important program information, and transportation card
• An active international community of interns with regular events and organized activities
• Academic credit assistance (where required)
What is not included in the scholarship?
• Daily living expenses (food/drink)
• Visa (except for the Hong Kong destination)
Eligible NSHSS Members may apply on their.
All NSHSS members receive a 10% discount on a year-round program of their choice. To apply for the 10% discount, please apply through The Intern Group website and indicate that you are an NSHSS member:.
* If you are chosen as the recipient of the scholarship and you have also applied for the 10% discount directly through The Intern Group, you will be reimbursed.
If you have any program-related inquiries, please email.
Deadline: March 1, 2018