Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
NSHSS is proud to partner with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to afford our members the pathway to a fulfilling federal career on the front lines of disease prevention in the United States. The CDC provides fellowship and internship opportunities as well as student work-site experience programs.
The CDC offers the unique Pathways Program to students and recent graduates. The Program has three key components:
- Internship Program: internship and summer employment opportunities for students
- Recent Graduates Program: recent college graduates can obtain enriching developmental work experience in public health and related support occupations
- Presidential Management Fellows Program: leadership development opportunities to students who are in the process of completing their master’s, law, or doctoral-level degree within the academic year
Additional offerings for students include:
- Public health training opportunities
- Positions within a U.S. Public Health Service Corps overseen by the Surgeon General
- Federal Work Study Program
- Emory Rollins Earn and Learn Program (REAL)
- Thurgood Marshall College Foundation/CDC Ambassador and Internship Program
- Volunteer opportunities
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Contact the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar: PATHWAYS FOR STUDENTS & RECENT GRADS TO CAREERS AT THE CDC
Watch the webinar presented by Marilyn A. James and Nina P. Smith from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Human Resources Office to explore one-of-a-kind career options at the nation's leading authority on disease prevention.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH