About Fisk University
Located in the heart of Music City, Fisk University is a Historically Black, private, co-ed liberal arts powerhouse that produces scholars, leaders, intellectuals, inventors, and innovators. Fisk University strives to instill a love of learning in its students, as well as a commitment to social justice and community service.
Fisk University’s vibrant campus life helps students meet new friends, lead and organize events, develop leadership skills, character, and discipline. With over 60 campus organizations, the Fisk Experience is enhanced through student activities such as: Pre-Nursing Club, FUTURO, Political Science Club, Greek fraternities and sororities, Fisk Drum-line, Ladies of R.A.G.E., the Caribbean Students Association, and much more!
- W.E.B. DuBois Honors Program
- Joint Pre-Med Program with Meharry Medical College
- Pre-Dental Program with Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Fisk-Vanderbilt University Master of Science in Nursing Degree
- Dual Degree in Science and Engineering (3+2) Program with University of Tennessee
(Knoxville), Case Western Reserve University, and Vanderbilt University
- Fisk-Vanderbilt University Master’s-to-Ph.D. Bridge Program
- Pre-Pharmacy Program with Howard University and Xavier University (LA)
- Fisk University-Vanderbilt MBA Program
- Fisk University-Watkins College of Art & Design Minor Studies partnership
- Music Business Collaborative Agreement with Belmont University
Admission to Fisk University is competitive. Fisk University looks for strong academic achievement combined with personal characteristics such as intellectual curiosity, a desire to serve, and the potential for leadership. Become a part of Fisk’s legacy of scholars and leaders!
How to Apply
Apply via Common Applicant.
Early Action Deadline: November 1
Scholarship Priority Deadline: November 1
Regular Decision Deadline: February 1
Financial Aid & Scholarships
93% of students receive financial aid in the form of grants, loans, merit, need based scholarships, and/or scholarships.
Fisk Introduces Study Abroad Funding (06-01-2015)