Macaulay Honors College at CUNY is a highly selective college where New York’s most promising students receive the financial and academic support to realize their leadership potential.
Since 1847, The City University of New York has provided a path to success for generations of New Yorkers. In this rich tradition, former chancellor, Matthew Goldstein, launched CUNY's first separate honors college in 2001 to provide a globally competitive program for the most talented and academically gifted of New York's students.
The college was designed in collaboration with CUNY senior colleges to offer exceptional advising, hands-on internships and research opportunities, global learning opportunities, and a commitment to provide the skills and experiences for each student to excel in college and beyond.
Tuition and Support
Macaulay Honors College students are designated "University Scholars" and receive a comprehensive scholarship package:
- Full undergraduate tuition* scholarship** (excludes fees)
- New laptop (currently the MacBook Air)
- Opportunities Fund grant to support global research, service, and internships
- Professional mentoring and career preparation with leaders in government, business, science, and the arts
- Honors study abroad and service learning opportunities around the globe
- Cultural Passport provides free or discounted entry to hundreds of New York arts and cultural venues
*Students must meet CUNY NYS residency requirements for in state tuition to receive the full tuition scholarship.
**The Macaulay scholarship is drawn from a combination of sources: CUNY, TAP, and any other tuition-only scholarships you may have received.
Application Deadline: December 1st at 6:00pm EST